Take a glimpse at footage from a previous BODY WORLDS Vital exhibition
THE BODY WORLDS VITAL AUSTRALASIAN TOUR
- First time ever in Australasia
- The world’s ORIGINAL anatomical exhibition featuring real human bodies
- Created by Dr. Gunther von Hagans who invented Plastination
- 46 million visitors globally
- 121 cities in 26 countries
- 66% of visitors surveyed said they would pay more attention to their physical health in the future
- More than 150 anatomical specimens of real human bodies show us how resilient, yet fragile our bodies really are
- A unique look at what lies beneath our skin
- Learning about our health and vitality has never been this inspiring!
- Engaging, confronting and inspiring – vastly different to the typical museum experience
- The full body plastinates are sculptural and aesthetic – even the squeamish will appreciate them!
BODY WORLDS is the first exhibition of its kind to inform the visitor about anatomy, physiology and health through viewing real human bodies. The specimens on display were preserved through Plastination, the preservation process invented by physician and anatomist Dr. Gunther von Hagens while he was working at the University of Heidelberg. Since the beginning of the exhibition series in Japan in 1995, more than 46 million visitors in over 121 cities in America, Europe, Asia and Africa have seen the world's most successful travelling exhibition.
Vital presents a special collection of specimens designed to show visitors the basics of human health and wellness. The exhibition includes whole-body plastinates, a large arrangement of individual organs, arterial and organ configurations and translucent slices that give a complete picture of how the body works.
Vital tells the fascinating story of how best to fight life-threatening diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart ailments, through healthy choices and lifestyle changes.
The exhibition inspires visitors to assert themselves and claim responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
Helpful resources to plan your visit
Plan your visit by downloading these BODY WORLDS resources. These guides have been specially designed for teachers, students, parents and families.